At the outset, my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all my readers for visiting my blog, the encouraging comments and keeping me motivated!
Allow me to tell you how I started this blog. One of my colleagues suggested that I write a baking blog, hubby gave me a big thumbs-up, gave the final push to reluctant me when he wrote the first two sentences of my first post and then handed over CAM to me. Then I started writing in a frenzy, pulling out all my treasured old cake pictures from my Picasa album...amused hubby tried to temper my enthusiasm as I wrote 22 posts in the first month(my highest so far). Wrote the first 10 posts or so then messaged my friends at midnight with my blog URL. I wanted something there when they read my blog:-)).
And am I so glad I started blogging! Almost a year and a modest hundred plus posts, I am a happy baker- blogger. As I keep saying, learning so many new things, knowing people who share the same passion, people who I can actually ask 'Hey, what's baking today?' has been a rewarding outcome. Am so much in awe of all those wonderful blogs and bloggers out there, looking forward to more and more of this enriching experience... I have resolved to keep up my daily walk routine, keep everyday food more healthier and share the major portion of my bakes...for the joy of sharing with others, the joy of baking for me:-).
The response to the section Baking Supplies And Ingredients In Bangalore (now with Google maps) has been overwhelming. Am so very happy to see such enthusiasm and get support from baking enthusiasts in my endeavor to help grow the baking community, in Bangalore particularly. Looking forward to your continued support. Suggestions for improvement in this area most welcome.
Three Cheers to home-baking and may the passionate home-bakers tribe increase!
Now, coming to the event and giveaway announcement, shall we call this as Bakeomania!!? I will be giving away this wonderful book, which every baker would love to own.
Yes!! The Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum! Gorgeous cake recipes, fillings and frostings you can pair them up with, decorating cakes and so much more!!
What you would need to do to get a chance to have this book on your shelf...
1.Bake Anything - A gorgeous cake, a fluffy bread, mouth-watering cookies, tempting desserts or decadent pies and post it on your blog.
2. Please leave a comment here, blog about this giveaway with a link up to this announcement between today and 8th January 2011.
3. I will be accepting only vegetarian recipes as this is a vegetarian blog, eggs are allowed though.
4. Lets please keep the entries fresh and original. If you have baked from another blog or source, please make a mention and provide a link to the same wherever applicable.
5. Non-bloggers most welcome to participate, please leave a comment here and mail me your entries with the recipe details and a picture by 8th January 2011. Mail to suma dot rowjee at gmail dot com.
6. Multiple entries allowed.
7. This book will be shipped to any address in India.
8. The winner of the giveaway will be announced on 10th January.
Could you please take a moment to tell me what you like about this blog, suggestions for improvement, in terms of recipes, the posts per se or just about anything. I would really, really appreciate this. And do mail me for any queries.
So switch on your ovens, get baking, put your best foot.. oooops.. bake forward!! Good luck!!