It will soon be 2 years since I started to write this blog! Was it only yesterday that Cakes And More Turned 1 and now I find myself announcing the second anniversary event and giveaway, how time flies! Let me spare you reading all about how I feel about my virtual baby, the journey, etc etc...I shall talk about this a little later ;-). Now for the event and the giveaway - my way of my thanking you for taking time to read my blog, and always being my inspiration by way of your emails and comments. Thanks so very much!
Alice Medrich, needs absolutely no introduction, being one of the world's best known authors, dessert Chef and chocolatier. I wanted to give away a book on baking and finally zeroed on her book Chewy, Gooey, Crispy, Crunchy Melt-in-Your-Mouth-Cookies.
Homemade, freshly baked cookies are a real pleasure anytime of the day. Enjoy them warm out of the oven, send them to your family and friends or sneak in a couple of them in your kiddos snack-box. Cookie doughs which freeze well, with one time effort, can give you a plate of warm cookies at the shortest notice - be it to indulge your cravings or to wow your unexpected guests. This said, a variety of cookie recipes which will unfailing delight you are a must in every home-baker's repertoire. This book gives you a numerous recipes classified according to chewy, crunchy, gooey, crispy and flaky textures - whatever you fancy that moment. Alice makes you look beyond the ubiquitous chocolate chip cookies, which - most of us, including me , think of when we think cookies. A few of her enticing recipes include Hazelnut Sticks, Goldies, Anzac Cookies, Steve Ritual Brownies, Flaky Chocolate triangles, Citrus Tuiles, Whole Wheat Biscotti, Sesame Butterflies and a lot more. Apart from these, there are tips and techniques, about equipment and an entire list of cookie doughs from her book which freeze well. A book you must have on your shelf, derive loads of satisfaction from it for years to come..
Coming to the event, its only apt that I ask you to bake and send some cookies my way. None of us remain immune to the spirit of baking during the Christmas season, even the hesitant baker turns on the oven for sure. So, do bake me some cookies - chewy, crispy,flaky or crunchy - anything from gooey brownies to crunchy biscotti to delicate tuiles to flaky batons - I shall gobble them all!
What you would need to do
- Bake cookies and post them on your blog any day between today and 10th Jan.
- Include a link to this announcement in your post.
- Lets please keep the entries fresh, no recipes from your archives please! Eggs are allowed, though not non-vegetarian.
- Mail me your entries with the subject line "Cakes And More Cookie Fest' on or before 10th January, with your name, the name of your blog, the name of the recipe, a link to the recipe and a picture of the same. Please keep the file size under 100 KB.
- Multiple entries are fine, the more the merrier!
- Usage of logo is optional but would be very happy if you can help spread the word.
- Non bloggers are most welcome to participate, please mail me the details with the picture.
- Last date for submitting your entries is 10th January.
- I shall post the round up around 15th January and announce the winner, earlier if possible.
- The book can be shipped anywhere in India, so if you do not live in India, but would like me to ship it to someone here, you are most welcome.
If you have any queries, please drop me a line at sumadotrowjeeatgmaildotcom
So grab your bowls, whisks, turn your ovens on, lets play with flour, sugar and butter! Look forward to receive your entries!