Before you begin to wonder if you are reading a food blog or a parenting blog, lets get on to my experimental Egg-free Moist Carrot Cake. I had been feeling guilty that I bake so often, but haven't made anything which my Mother could eat. She does not eat eggs, neither does she like chocolate. Egg-less baking is not really something I am extremely enthusiastic about, for the number of hits as compared to the misses are quite less. This one however was quite tasty and moist, easy to make and came out quite well. Hope in my egg less baking keeps getting resurrected now and then!!.
The recipe is from here and with small modifications.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon(I have used cardamom)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup melted butter or vegetable oil(I have used ghee)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon vinegar ( I have used lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds(My addition)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C (175 degrees F).
- Mix the dry ingredients and spices until well blended.
- Add grated carrots. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
And yeah, my first attempt at stencilling!!
This goes to Champa's weekly Bake Off.